Are you a startup looking for PR services in the UK? Or maybe an established company who wants to shake things up in the PR department? Maybe your old PR service provider just isn’t aligning with your brand aspirations anymore? Or you simply need to have some fresh perspectives? Then this article is for you.
PR is an important part of your marketing strategy as it aids with business growth and development. Creating and maintaining a positive public image is essential for any business but especially for ones who are just starting out. PR helps them in creating brand awareness as well as engaging a large audience.
Finding a new PR service provider can be quite overwhelming but there are a few questions you can ask to make the task a bit easier. In this blog we are guiding you through a few things you should always consider when looking for public relations agencies.
Most PR agencies charge based on the various services you opt for. These usually range from maintaining media relations and strategy development to market research as well as crisis and reputation management. You may think it is easy to hire a PR company but in reality it isn’t as simple, because not all firms can help you with the exact services that you are looking for.
Below we have listed some questions you should ask yourself when looking for public relations services.
Have They Got the Right Industry Knowledge and Experience?
- One of the most important factors that you should always take into consideration at the discovery stage for public relations services is the industry knowledge of a public relations agency. Many have an area of expertise that they specialise in and if this matches your niche, it can be invaluable for your business.
Does Their Pricing Match My Budget for PR services?
- Money makes the world go round, and PR is no exception to this. But when looking at pricing, you should be aware that charging a high price doesn’t always mean high-quality services. It is important to do your research and look at costs along with the services they offer. Once you’ve done those calculations, consider the PR agency that best fits your needs and budget.
What Do Their Clients Say About Them?
- Reviews and testimonials are key when opting for public relations services. Before making any investment, it is important to look through what other people have to say about a company – preferably ones who have worked with the PR service provider and have first-hand experience. You can tell a lot about a PR agency by looking at what experiences other clients have made with them.
Does their Creativity Align with My Business Goals?
- For any public relations service provider, creativity is just as important as strategy. When looking for a PR firm to work with, it is advisable to check whether their creativity level matches your business goals and requirements. They might be highly imaginative but fail to align with your objectives, which could end up being more trouble than it is worth. Many PR agencies also include case study examples on their websites so you can see samples of their work. These are a great way to see what projects they’ve worked on and what successes they’ve achieved.
Where is the PR Service Provider Based?
- Especially for small businesses it can be highly beneficial to work with a local PR agency. PR service providers do a lot of networking and often have strong connections to the local media. These can include the usual channels, such as TV and radio reporters, newspaper editors or journalists for local magazines. They also often have great connections to other local businesses and can open up a plethora of opportunities in this way.
Choosing the right PR services for your company can be daunting. But by asking these questions, you can make the process a lot easier. By first nailing down your business objectives and PR goals, you can then look for an agency that best aligns with your strategy.
Did you enjoy this blog? Why not head over and have a read of our blog on how PR strategies create a positive brand image?